Sometimes working on a research project, assignment or degree dissertation becomes a pain when there are too many pdfs, documents and research papers lying around in different folders of your computer. Organizing so many documents becomes a priority and as well as citing the works in a correct format.
Mendeley aims to do just that and much more. Mendeley is a research manager which can organize all pdfs in a nice readable way with names of authors and title of the papers. It exports citation, allows collaboration and also allows synchronization between computers. The software is available for Windows, Mac and Linux and most importantly its free of cost!
|Mendeley running on Ubuntu 12.10 Alpha 2|
Mendeley is fully compatible with…
- Windows Word 2003, 2007, 2010
- Mac Word 2008, 2011
- OpenOffice 3.2
Some salient features of Mendeley are:
- Save time navigating PDFs
- Open multiple PDFs in separate tabs. Read, take notes and switch back to your research library instantly.
- Annotate and highlight
- All your annotations can be saved within your PDFs, so when you print them out, your ideas travel with you.
- Share annotations with others
- Simply create a private group, add colleagues and start sharing. Every time you add notes or highlight a paper, it will be visible to members of the group.
- Save and print annotations
For detailed explanations of features visit mendeley.com/features