Firefox 8, the latest version of the popular opensource browser has been officially released. The new version comes with a few enhancements but no noticeable visual changes.
A quick look at the new features and improvements in Firefox 8:
- Add-ons installed by third party programs are now disabled by default
- Added a one-time add-on selection dialog to manage previously installed add-ons
- Added Twitter to the search bar for select locales. Additional locale support will be added in the future
- Added a preference to load tabs on demand, improving start-up time when windows are restored
- Improved performance and memory handling when using <audio> and <video> elements
- Added CORS support for cross-domain textures in WebGL
- Added support for HTML5 context menus
- Added support for insertAdjacentHTML
- Improved CSS hyphen support for many languages
- Improved WebSocket support
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
Ubuntu 11.10 and 11.04 users will get the updates in a day or two from the official channels .